[Dailydrool] Smokey the Blue basset

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Fri Apr 15 15:27:31 PDT 2011

BBR of WI,IL & MN will be getting a new basset in the next few days.  It
sounds like he is a Blue.  We've had a few of these but this little guy
sounds like he is in poor condition according to the shelter.  He has been
vetted- and treatments for bacterial skin infections as well as eye and ear
infections have been started.  They are recommending baths using
chlorhexidine scrub, B12, vit C and fish oil as well as Taste of the
Wild-pacific stream recipe food.  If anyone has any additional
recommendations please share.  Feel free to contact me directly.  We will
get him examined by one of our local vets when he arrives, but always
appreciate practical tips from those who have been there before.

Thanks,

Lisa and the MN Woofers,

Ella Marie, Hank, Copper, foster Molly and Sid ATB

Basset Buddies Rescue