[Dailydrool] Smokey the Blue basset

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 15 17:23:16 PDT 2011

Hi Lisa,

We pulled Snoopy out of the county shelter in similar condition.  For the eyes
and the ears we used the drops and ear cleaning solution provided by the vet.
For the skin infections we used a treatment which cleared everything up very
quickly.  We were told to wash the affected area (on Snoopy it was a front foot
and a rear thigh) with dog shampoo and then rinse with a solution of 1/2 water
1/2 white vinegar.  All of that worked fine.  It's been 3 months now and you'd
never know Snoopy was skinny and coughing and full of infections back in January
... he's a shinny happy boy now.

Best of luck with this boy, hope he's happy and healthy soon.

--Dale, with Snoopy and Cyrus the nonbasset
Snoopy (you mean I'm adopted?)  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1182550
Cyrus (YOU may be adopted, I ... well ... I'm adopted
too) http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1182554

________________________________

BBR of WI,IL & MN will be getting a new basset in the next few days.  It sounds
like he is a Blue.  We’ve had a few of these but this little guy sounds like he
is in poor condition according to the shelter.  He has been vetted- and
treatments for bacterial skin infections as well as eye and ear infections have
been started.  They are recommending baths using chlorhexidine scrub, B12, vit C
and fish oil as well as Taste of the Wild-pacific stream recipe food.  If anyone
has any additional recommendations please share.  Feel free to contact me
directly.  We will get him examined by one of our local vets when he arrives,
but always appreciate practical tips from those who have been there before.

Thanks,
Lisa and the MN Woofers,
Ella Marie, Hank, Copper, foster Molly and Sid ATB
Basset Buddies Rescue