[Dailydrool] Jr did great at agility today

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 16 16:33:22 PDT 2011

I think I was wrong in assuming back to back classes were too much for jr.,  as he did very well today at agility.  New time, new dogs to meet, and some very sloppy treat droppers had him distracted at first, but by the time he did his last run, he was spot on, paying attention except for the little hold up at the tunnel leading to the table.  He has learned he gets a treat when he sits on the table, so I have to retrain him because he was just skipping the tunnel, except for the entrance which is loaded with dropped treats. When he stalled on the table, he fluffed his ears and sat so adorably, though, and I heard ooohs and aaahs from the slaves of his classmates.  He really did look cute.  If only I could get someone to take his picture...  Then to weave polls, then to chute, then to the BIG walk.  He was fabulous, no fear, no hesitation.  He was even fabulous on the A-frame, but again, following a trail of dropped treats, LOL.  On the way home, both days, he visited Mom at Assisted Living, and he loved this, too.  Mom is more and more internal, but to see him brings her out of herself a bit.  He rolls for belly rubs, and we practice our sits, downs and stays.  There is one lady who loves to sing to him, and I make sure I have treats that she can feed him, and now they are buddies.  Hard to believe the evolution of his journey.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  And he had energy when he got home to play with the herd.  He surely is zonked now, though.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie