[Dailydrool] if it quacks like a duck...

sgmoose at optonline.net sgmoose at optonline.net
Sat Apr 16 18:36:17 PDT 2011

Whew, this memoir stuff is exhausting!  We continued to travel to basset events and raise moolah for homeless hounds.  We waddled, we picnicked, began Slobberfesting and visiting our new summer residence.  What do you mean we don’t have a summer residence?  We go for a week every year for Slobberfest.  Oh, I see, it’s really Aunties Pat and Carol’s house where the “Looking Sharp Carol” shirt was brought into being.  Are you sure it isn’t our summer residence?  Anyhoo, it became like, have basset event will travel around here.  We’ve even started Rambling.  All you had to do is mention raffle baskets and the blondeslave was there.  This same year we were fostering two 4 month old puppies a girl and a little boy named Pluto.  The blondeslave renamed them Bonnie and Clyde.  Clyde imprinted on the blondeslave like a baby duck-seriously-this one was a little goofy.  He made googly eyes and looked adoringly at her but the blondeslave was determined to foster this time.  Bonnie and Clyde were both adopted to a very nice lady.   Bonnie LOVED her new home but Clyde didn’t adjust very well and began acting out so….you know what happens next…  One day shortly after Clyde rejoined our pack the blondeslave watched him running outside and laughed.  Clyde loves to run, in big loping circles in the yard over and over until he is panting like mad with his chest heaving and tongue lolling-you get the picture.  Anyway, the blondeslave told him he was no Clyde Barrow and decided his name was really Clyde Kadiddlehopper, our very goofy little brother who at 5 now has no shot of the brown truck ever stopping by.  Moosie Bear was getting a little grumpier as he got older and stopped traveling that year preferring to stay home with his couch and his chair and his bowl and the dadslave.  Clyde traveled to the Waddle once but he’s kind of a nervous boy in new situations so he elected to stay home with Moosie.  Plus it gives him a break from Gracie Allen who is always ordering him around and giving him what for.  He never forgot about other homeless hounds though and started a book club for hound slaves to raise money for rescue.  He’s been lazy the last year or so but may try to start again if the blondeslave’s work ever slows down.  This year and in the years that followed we discovered the joys of Woofling but that will have to wait for my next and final post about my journey to help the homeless hounds.