[Dailydrool] Thyroid Cancer

Melanie Prisco melprisco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 06:14:21 PDT 2011

Does anyone have experience with cancer in bassets or more specifically,
thyroid cancer? Delilah was diagnosed with this this week and we where kinda
of surprised as we thought cancer especially that kind wasn't really
associated with bassets. We lost our other basset to bloat and was expecting
that or her heart (she has a heart murmur) to catch up to her. She is older
14.5 years, but aside from the mass tumor in her throat which has caused her
trachea and esophagus to shift all the way to the left side of her neck she
seems perfectly normal. We know that it has spread to one other place in her
lung but as of now we don;t have a treatment plan...still waiting on test
results... any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Melanie
Delilah and Maximillion (ATB)