[Dailydrool] Leather and hounds

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Apr 21 11:48:25 PDT 2011

<<Lola loves leather. Or at least my leather shoes. I try to limit her access, but sometimes the closet door doesn't shut tight and she manages to get in. I've lost count of the number of shoes that Lola has ruined. (As well as one leather-bound hymnal.) I've been considering buying leather furniture, but I'm afraid she'll eat her way through it.>>

I have never been courageous enough to buy leather furniture, because Jane has eaten my shoes, at least one leather collar, and probably a few more things I've forgotten over the years. I have given up on leather purses and other items. simply because I don't want to be constantly replacing them. Jane sounds as if she related to Lola, though she has never gotten a hymnal. But she has enjoyed many nonleather cookbooks.

Yes, has anyone had a leather-eating hound who did not eat leather furniture? Inquiring minds want to know. But I'd still probably have to be crazy to put it to the test.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, only one of whom is interested in leather