[Dailydrool] food problem?

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 06:21:53 PDT 2011

Has anyone had issues with feeding Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
Adult Dry Dog Food in the past week or week and a half? All 5 of our dogs
have been on this for quite sometime. My husband purchased a bag of it at a
store we generally do not purchase it at, but we didn't know the store
existed. This store does grooming, boarding and holds events to raise money
for shelters, rescues, etc. so we wanted to support this store. I am not
saying bad things about the store at all just saying why we switched where
we purchased the food. Then, we went to an event to raise money there the
next weekend and I purchased homemade treats there for 2 each with peanut
butter and applesauce in them. We keep our dog food in bins so not sure when
the new bag was officially started. Anyhow, diarrhea started in our smallest
dog--Cooper. Next to our next bigger dog. Skipped over the next and went to
Mazzie our basset. Bland diets for 3 dogs. Took them off kibble. Mucus came
on, then a small amount of blood. Mazzie went back to normal stool so I
slowly switched her back to kibble. Once fully on kibble--back to watery
diarrhea again! Then, Maggie the basset gets it. She is the heaviest of the
dogs. I had added in Activia for the dogs to their food for their good
bacteria restoration for all 5 dogs. Oliver still did not get anything. He
did vomit up bile. Mazzie vomited bile. Maggie did and so did Harvey. Today,
Harvey was eating up anything he could in the back yard for upset tummy. I
could hear his tummy rumbling around. I gave all bland diet today with
yogurt. The 3 doxies have a vet appt. today. I am taking in the list of what
is in the food, but I am perplexed. I do think we used to feed the light
version! Aha. Perhaps too much fat/protein for some of my dogs? Not sure,
but I need to get them to stop having the runs. The 2 bassets go in tomorrow
at 9. I emailed the dog food company to see if they switched their formula,
but perhaps I just discovered it. I go outside with my dogs the whole time
they are outside. They are in a chain link fenced area too. Thanks to anyone
who responds.

I am over 150 drools behind so best wishes to anyone, drool to those who
need it and condolences to those that have experienced the ultimate loss.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,