[Dailydrool] Banfield plan

Dona - Bob - and The Princess Hattie Rose earstoyou at att.net
Sat Apr 23 14:11:29 PDT 2011

It has been 4 years now since I used them, but I do have a couple of thoughts.
Banfield is franchised.  So they are NOT all the same.  I think they have their
positives and negatives.

Their hours are fabulous.
They won't let you forget "routine" yearly (or whatever time schedule) vaccines
or tests.
There were several Vets there, and I actually liked them, you CAN schedule for
your favorite if that is important to you.
It is nice to have "free" visits... but as my husband always says *Nothing is
ever REALLY free*

but, my list of negatives is longer.
Be ready to be "sold" something EVERYTIME you walk in the door.
Be ready to be made "guilty" if you don't give every vaccine known to man or
beast.
Be aware that their "discount" prices on surgery are higher than the regular
prices you were paying at your previous vet.
Be aware that if you want a prescription written to get medications at a
rational price, you will pay them a "prescription" writing fee.
If your dog is "old" remember you are paying for the year, so if your hound is
less thoughtful than mine (Flash died 2 days before his renewal date) ... you
will be paying for a passed love.)
Their prescription prices are outrageous.
Be ready to sit in a very small room for a very long time waiting to be seen.

REmember, they are franchised, so you may have a better experience than I... we
did use them for 2-3 years for Flash.  I learned after the first surgery, to
just make an appointment with my old vet 50+ miles away, when he needed
surgery...

Oh, and one more thing... as a REAL Nurse... I found it offensive to be told
when a vet tech came out to talk to me that she was the Nurse.  I know that is
petty, but it was an inaccuracy that I found annoying.

Good luck on your choice,  I'm sure you will do what is best for your furkids.
I am still looking for a vet that I like/respect as much as the one so far away,
that is my only regret to having moved.

Dona

 For dog hats and embroidery visit
http://www.earstoyou.net