[Dailydrool] Fundraising & Waddles

Karen Markisenis kmarkisenis at hvc.rr.com
Sun Apr 24 16:42:03 PDT 2011

All the years that I raised funds for basset rescue, I took my trusty pledge sheet around to family, friends, neighbors and  co-workers and asked for their support.  I sent letters to folks who had supported us in the past, asking that they do so again.  When it was time to hand in my pledge sheets, I added $$ from my husband, myself, our cats & our bassets.  I tried to raise as much money as I could, but never with the intention of raising money so that one of my hounds would be Waddle King or Queen.

It can be as simple as that.  No need to make something to sell or raffle.  And as any rescue will tell you - they appreciate every dollar that you bring their way.

Karen