[Dailydrool] Basset in Bad shape in Harrodsburg Ky Shelter.

Carol Anderson meta549 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 08:01:11 PDT 2011

This may be a little long.There was a 10 year old basset turned in by  the "public" yesterday.Public here means owner that wont admit it.They did take hin to the vet and it was the vet I use so they did let me know about him.He is underweight , has a couple of teeth that need pulled  and has dry eye.He also has a grapefruit size tumor on one front leg that will need to be amputated as there will not be enogh skin to close it once removed and he also has another small tumor on another leg.The vet does not know if it is a cancerous tumor until a biopsy is done.He will also need heartworm tested and bloodwork done,
I did ask the vet about humanely euthanizing and he is not ready to make that decision because he has a great personality.He had nails inbedded into the pads of his feet and need not move while they were being removed.They said he is greatful someone is helping him.They did get him some antibiotics to help th einfectino in his feet.
The shelter here has done all they are going to do with him and plan to euth him by weeks end.I am trying yo get pictures but they are relunctant to let us in to get any.Is there anyone , rescue or individual that would take on this boy is not to see to his medical needs but to make him comfortable with whatever time he has left  ?????? I am also going to see about getting donations for him to at least get him HW tested and bloodwork done and possibly have the tunor biopsied.
PLease let me know if anyone can help or have suggestions and If I get pics I will send them ASAP.

Carol in KY
Lady ATB
Roscoe ATB
Hound  ATB