[Dailydrool] Split personality Snoopy

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 26 09:25:40 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here,

Well, last night was not one of my stellar moments.  I’ve been getting so much
better that people forget that back in January I was skin and bones and living
on the streets and picked up by animal control.  When I first came home I was
hysterical any time food came out, remember the Snoopy diet?  Well, they all
forgot and last night I was fine …. until I wasn’t.  I don’t bite or anything
like that.  It’s just that Cyrus is sensitive to loud noises and momPerson gets
upset when Cyrus gets upset and well … I kinda blew it.  I just blew up, no one
is really sure why, it was almost bed time and I just freaked out and yelled at
Cyrus and chased him out the dog door barking and snarling and talking all of my
trash.  Well, momPerson told me it was BAD and put me in the man cave for two
whole minutes.  I came back inside and tried to make up and nobody wanted to
make up.  I went outside and found Cyrus and I licked out both of his ears for
him and I nuzzled him and I rubbed him and I tried to cuddle up with him but he
didn’t wanna … and momPerson came outside and layed down on the patio with him
and she wanted no parts of me either.  So, I stood guard over them both … I
thought I saw something rustle in the trees … I howled up a blue streak …
nothing, but nothing, was getting near my Cyrus nor my momPerson.  Finally
momPerson and Cyrus went inside and into the living room and Cyrus lay down on
the floor and went harrumph and momPerson lay down on the couch and looked sad
and I … I almost did it again.  I started too and then ….. I managed to STOP.
Nobody said a word to me, I just stopped all by myself.  I don’t know why I do
that at night  … maybe because I’m tired.  Nights were the hardest when I was on
the streets … scary … and the best defense is a big noise.  Cyrus is kinda a big
baby anyway about it.  Anyway I stopped the second time all by myself and then I
went and asked Natalie if she wanted to go to bed yet and she said ok and we
snuggled up and when momPerson kissed her good night she kissed me too and said
she loves me no matter what I do.

This morning I was happy … but I barked at Cyrus when momPerson fed us and that
upset him.  She got me to quiet down and got Cyrus to come back and we both ate
breakfast and then we cuddled up together.  momPerson is wondering what in the
world has gotten into me.  I don’t know.  Any ideas?

From Snoopy