[Dailydrool] Rain and stuff

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:13:20 PDT 2011

I think we will go out of our minds if it rains any more in the midwest. The bassets will not go out when it rains.  Don't want to get their delicate little pawpies wet.  Shelby now pees on the ramp.  It is too wet for her to walk the ten steps or so to get onto the patio.  She is such an old coot.  She has also been peeing on the floor some.  I don't know if she just hasn't gone out enough or she forgets where she is or there is something else going on.

Ninja is being her usual royal snippy self.  This morning she had to protect me from Shelby as is normal and decided to get in her face.  She charged off the couch like a full size rhino and ran into Maggie.  Maggie let her have it and the fur flew.  I don't know if she was protecting Shelby or thought Ninja wanted to get her.  She had to sit with me to calm down.  Ninja was the villian.  She thought she was doing something wonderful I guess.  Shelby didn't know what to think.  She had to go take a nap.

We are doing ok here in the rain.  It is supposed to stop by Friday so I hope it does for a bit.  Maggie goes into the garden at least once a day and the last time she got muddy up over her ears.  HER EARS!!!  That girl is going to be the end of me if I see one more mud covered basset.  If mud is a beauty treatment, then Maggie should be Miss America by now.

Snooters and drool from Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby and loving hairballs from the kitties
and the MOm