[Dailydrool] Long-haired bassets

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:07:04 PDT 2011

I am the one who has been collecting pics of long-haired bassets, in
honor of my VERY long-haired pup Pippa: pics can be found at this
link: http://www.dropshots.com/menziec#albums/longhairs

To qualify as "long-haired", technically, *I* personally feel that the
basset needs to have a coat rather like a cocker spaniel or Irish
setter; visibly long fringes on feet, belly, ears and tail.  You'll
see what I mean in the pics.  But there are quite a few bassets out
there who have would I would consider a "double coat"; thick hair,
with lots of underfluffies, and some longer "guard hairs" in certain
places like the back of the neck or along the tail.  Just my personal
opinion on how to tell the difference.  :)

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!