[Dailydrool] fruits and veggies

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 28 15:36:06 PDT 2011

Ok, so you'll have to humor me here, because I've NEVER seen a dog eat avacado, mango, banana, asparagus, apples, peaches, strawberries and so on before.  Neither has Cyrus.  The two of us were puzzled beyond words when Snoopy first asked for a bite of my banana, and you could have knocked us over with a feather when he ATE it.  Not to be out done Cyrus asked for a piece, and then HE ate it.

We've since become immune.  I eat raw fruits and veggies all day long (I'm a long distance runner) and Snoopy usually asks for a bite, and I usually give it to him, and then Cyrus usually asks to try it, and sometimes eats it too.  We no longer even find this weird.  Is there any fruit or veggie I should refuse to share with my boys other than onions and grapes (my husband says both of those are bad for dog kidneys)?

Thanks
Dale

PS  Snoopy did ask for some tangerine and wouldn't eat it, so far that's the only one he left on the floor.