[Dailydrool] Court

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Thu Apr 28 17:07:44 PDT 2011

I went to court today for Western Missouri Basset Rescue, Inc. On charges of
having too many dogs and not having them licensed with the city. The officer
who had given me the tickets told me if I came into compliance with the too
many animals charge he would destroy that ticket but he did not keep his
word and that ticket was on the court docket.

I would have been in jail if it weren't for Jeff Deane a Drooler and a
lawyer that helped me out. We got off with a fine of $50.00 total with court
costs was only $81.50. I could have been charged over $2500.00 plus $75.00
for each dog not licensed if it had not been for my great lawyer. Thank you
all for slinging drool our direction and thanks to Jeff for his dedication
to help rescues.

Now we are going to work on getting a city license I have complied with all
State, and Federal regulations and am licensed with the FDA and Insured but
the city has its own set of rules I have to get letters from all neighbors
within 300 feetof our house stating it is okay for us to have this rescue in
their neighborhood.... send more drool to soften my neighbors hearts so I
can rescue more Bassets!!!