[Dailydrool] Pneumonia and breathing difficulty

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Apr 29 11:00:58 PDT 2011

<<Our Snoopy came to us soooo sick, at times he would just cough and cough and cough and couldn't stop and couldn't breath and either myself or my elder daughter Julianne would take him in our arms and hold him and stroke his throat and help him to get "ahead" of the next cough ... if often took a while.? >>

Jane had kennel cough that turned into pneumonia, when we got her. Our vet told us to thump her on her sides, in the area of her lungs, to help break up the congestion. I don't know exactly how much this helps, but she did recover nicely (with a lot of help from antibiotics).
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets