[Dailydrool] Crafty bassets

Frans Breytenbach soilkraft at mylan.co.za
Tue Apr 5 23:21:05 PDT 2011

I can surely relate tothe stories on crafty bassets.

We had a friend over for dinner one night. Having never been owned by a basset before, Eddie immediatly fell under the spell of the dogs. A few days later he bought one. A couple of months later he told me the story that one morning as his wife was on her way to work, she hung her handbag over the back of a dining chair. With her busy somewhere else, the basset slinked up, opened her handbag, opened het Tupper sandwich box and ate all the sandwiches.

I never believed the story, until one night. We always give Sally and Clara a sweet treat before bed time. I keep the treats in a ziplock plastic bag in a bedside drawer. Having given them their treats one evening, Mariette and I took our baths before bedtime. Returning to the bedroom, I found that Clara had opened the drawer, opened the ziplock bag and ate al the treats. She was deliciously sick afterwards.

Frans, Mariette, Clara and Sally.