[Dailydrool] Multiple dogs

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Sat Apr 9 11:57:14 PDT 2011

Having 4 females and 2 males in the house can create some tension at time.
Bazzle has decided he doesn't like Freddie for now.  Fab Freddie is not a fighter
but I think that Bazzle is feeling his oats and trying to point out he is the top boy.
Ruby Doo and Abby Gale absolutely hate each other since Abby Gale stupidly
began thinking she was the top female dog almost 1 1/2 yrs ago.  Huskies don't
forget and if I make a mistake then the death battle is on.  Ruby Doo and Abby Gale
are permanently separated.  Bazzle  I am working on with training.  Now when I
hear Bazzle starting up I do the drawn out "aaaaant" command and he backs down.
I sometimes wonder if it is Bazzle smells something wrong with Freddie.  Freddie now
has an abscessed tooth that I know Bazzle smells.

With Ruby and Abby I will not put my hands anywhere near them.  Ruby has never bit me
but Abby has and that girl will not stop.  The best way for me to break up a fight is using
a heavy baby gate.  Works wonders once you get the gate in-between them and then use
the gate to push one back into another room.   I love both of the girls so if this is what I
need to do to have them both then so be it.  We play a lot of musical dogs around here.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang with our foster basset,  Fabulous Freddie
Don't forget your Basset Pin Cushions
www.elderclarafabulousfreddie.com
Please Visit Freddie's Cancer Treatment Fundraiser Page:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/FabulousFreddie/golden-gate-basset-rescue-inc