[Dailydrool] Some help please

Susan Hurt toodlessm at aol.com
Sun Apr 17 22:00:36 PDT 2011

Hi Elizabeth,

I have never had one of my bassets spayed at the age of 5, but when they were puppies they recovered extremely quickly.  I think that you are doing the right thing if you do not intend to breed as you will decrease cancer risk in your dog and make life easier for the entire household.  Complications can always arise, but I think that spaying is appropriate and you should focus on congratulating yourself for doing a good thing for your pet rather than being so self deprecating.  Buy her some extra treats, give her extra loving, and celebrate a well considered deed.  At least, this is my opinion.

Susan