[Dailydrool] poop

dzantrofski69 at comcast.net dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 05:45:33 PDT 2011

I have the same question as Debbie, on average how often should a dog poop?  I have a lab that poops at least 3 times a day.  Its like everytime I let her out, she poops.  I feed twice a day.  The lab gets 1 1/2 cups twce a day, my mixed breed and the basset both get 1 cup twice a day.  I thought maybe I was overfeeding them and thats why they poop so much.  My vet suggested Science Diet lite since the basset was a little overweight and she does look like she has lost weight.  Is it normal for them to poop 2-3 times a day or does it mean the food is passing too quickly and they are not absorbing the nutrients??

Appreciate any "poopy advice" ya got..

Tina (who thinks she should just attach the poop shovel to her wrist at this point)... ugh....