[Dailydrool] (no subject)

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sun Apr 24 14:43:17 PDT 2011

<<I've found if I switch my hounds over to a new food to fast they all get the
runs. I usually have to mix the foods (old/new) together for about a week
at a 50/50 mixture, then go to a 25/75 mixture, then move to all new food.
Hope that helps.>>

I have found that this depends on the age and stomach of the hound. When we got Alexis, who was nine I  had to switch her food very slowly. I thought she just had a tender tummy, Now I find that Belvedere, at age fourteen has the same problem. I think older hounds may take longer to successfully switch. You do it at whatever rate works for them. If they get the runs, you go back to the level that worked for them and give them a few more days at that level. Eventually it works.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets