[Dailydrool] fundraising

sgmoose at optonline.net sgmoose at optonline.net
Sun Apr 24 17:46:34 PDT 2011

We have been fundraising for several years now but remember what it was like to be a newbie both to rescue and fundraising.  Hi newbie, whoever you are-welcome.  I remember being totally intimidated when we first started fundraising.  The more we did it the easier it got and you will find the Drool family to be one of the kindest, most generous hound loving groups around.  The impawtent thing to remember is the first 3 letters of the word "fun"draiser.  Have fun!  You also have to be persistent and we have found that at times a good story can be compelling and help to wheedle, cajole, beg a couple more dollars for the hounds and there are hounds in need everywhere but that's just our thing.  So don't worry. Every single dollar counts and multiple dollars can add up to a surprisingly wonderful donation.  Whenever we have run a woofle as a fundraiser we always have someone win a prize who was only able to buy one or two tickets.  We are so very grateful for each and every donation regardless of size.  It's not the size of the donation-it's the size of the heart of the person donating.  Give me a shout if you want to.  I'd be happy to help you however I can.