[Dailydrool] A complaint from Paddi and Vern

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 26 16:02:43 PDT 2011

Dear Paddi and Vernon,

I would have sympathized but that was before I was fallen in love with and
carted off by a water loving family.  I should mention that they did not
disclose their love of water when they rescued me.  I might have had
reservations.  As it turns out we have a walk in shower with all manor of
devices (hand held, body sprayers, rain can and so on).  And we have a labrador
retriever that operates under the mistaken impression that baths are FUN.  And I
wind up with weekly baths and ear washing.  For REAL.  I have managed to
convince momPerson to limit the water flow to the hand held only as I am NOT
amused by being sprayed from all directions.  QUITE the contrary I must insist.

So, all I can say is boys, it could be worse.  A LOT worse.

Best,
Snoopy

Paddi B Basset and Vernon Q Basset would like to lodge an official protest.
Today was a sunny, warm day, the kind of day a basset feels good to be alive,
and what should happen?

The horror is almost unspeakable.

It was bath day. And worse than usual, it was declared Royal Bath Day in honour
of the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton (scheduled for Thursday
morning early). Neither Paddi B Basset nor Vernon Q Basset begrudge royalty
their moment in the sun... they ask only for their OWN similar moments,
unmolested by washcloth-wielding commoners with ear scrubbing brushes.

In an earlier day, dear Opus the Amazing Brown Cat had the SPCA on speed dial
and would surely have reported such an injustice. Now all they can do is wetly
insist that I report to the Drool. They would be willing to be rescued from
their currently location, if any Drooler without a cleanliness fetish would be
willing to oblige.

Mary
for Paddi B Basset (I was nearly drowned)
& Vernon Q Basset (She washed my tail! My TAIL!!)