[Dailydrool] Seen at my vet's office

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Fri Apr 29 13:48:50 PDT 2011

From: dailydrool On Behalf Of Kathie Goblirsch
Subject: [Dailydrool] Seen at my vet's office

Not about a Basset, but thought folks might get a chuckle anyway.

A poster for a LOST dog -- "Chloe", a Labrador/Chihuahua mix!!!
How on earth did *that* occur??

That would depend on which breed was the papa ...

I often joke about the fact that my boy Franklin was owner relinquished to
the local pound.. I picked him up for BROOD ... and then foster failed him
.... he was relinquished because the original owner didn't have time for
him, and the owner's mastiff's attack him.

I have pictures of when I got Franklin... evidence of swiss cheese ears, and
four quarter sized welts on his buttocks where the main punctures occurred..

But in all of that ... I joked about him.. because him sure did love my
Nephew's Mastiff Cleo..

The running joke being that if he weren't fixed, and she weren't either ..
that they'd end up making Basstiffs.

:)

She'd be laying down one side or the other, or on her back.. they'd never
"connect" and every time he got amorous I'd stop it (she was getting more
arthritic so wouldn't be outside or unsupervised as often, she had run of
the upstairs, the boys were blocked at the kitchen)

Cleo wasn't like that with my other boys Riley & Henry .. but she loved her
some Franklin ...

-Robert