[Dailydrool] Eye problem - looking for suggestions - update

Karen Williams bazadaba at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 19:02:57 PDT 2011

Thanks to all the wonderful members of the drool family who suggested I run - don't walk to the ophthalmologist with Millie's eye problem. That is exactly what I did.  I was able to get Millie in to see a fabulous ophthalmologist today and thank goodness I did.  Unfortunately, as it turns out, Millie has glaucoma in the left eye.  Her pressure was 58 when we got to the vet.  Her right eye is still normal.  While her pressure was extremely high they were able to get it down below 40 before we left the office.  Now we have several eye drops for the left eye to bring the pressure down and several others drops for the right eye to try our best to hold off any progression in the right eye.

The vet is somewhat optimistic she may get some vision back in her left eye because even though her pressure was very high, it did respond to the treatments.  We will know more on Friday when I take her back.  Please sling drool her way for some improvement between now & Friday.

Karen and Millie, Elwood & Beatrix
Please don't breed or buy while in shelters they die