[Dailydrool] Holly and Cushing's

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 07:23:58 PDT 2011

Yesterday I remembered that I have not reported back to the Drool on Holly's Cushing's test.

She came in borderline. Her baseline number was 5.6 (it should be 3.0); the first sample was 1.5 (it should be less than that), and the final sample was 1.8 (it should be 1.5). Since the numbers are so close, the vet does not want to start her on medication. But she would like to retest in 3-4 months.

So if you all could keep slinging no-Cushing's drool for our wee princess, we'd appreciate it.

I asked the vet if the stress of being rehomed could cause the increase in cortisol, and she did not think it quite accounted for everything. But I am hoping that as she settles in here things might improve. She is the sweetest hound imaginable (except that she's very jealous of Belvedere, my heart dog, and very vocal about it).

So hurrah that she doesn't have Cushing's and here's drooling that it doesn't develop.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets & Holly the foster