[Dailydrool] Shelby is up.

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:15:24 PDT 2011

Miss Shelby is up and wobbling now.  She has a very unstable back leg but
she is moving around again and we are so glad.  At her age, we will love her
and take care of her but not do anything drastic.  I couldn't put her
through anything stressful or painful..  Even when she couldn't stand
yesterday she managed to get herself allover the downstairs without any
help.

Daisy, one of our first bassets loved to sleep under the covers.  She slept
between us sideways so her head was on one and her butt was next to the
other.  She would stay under until she got too hot and would move to a more
comfortable spot.  Ninja like to be under the covers sometimes and not
others.  Depends on her mood.  the one thing with her is that she must touch
us.  She needs to feel us next to her.  Right now her butt is up against
me.  At night she usually sleeps with her head on the DH's leg.  I think she
does that because he fixes the breakfast bowls and if he gets up she wants
to be the first to know.

I think my cats are trying to become bassets.  Marley nearly always follows
me into the bathroom in the morning--and other times too.  Maggie does it in
the morning too.  This morning Picasso and Marley and Maggie all were in the
bathroom wanting me to pet and rub them.  There is this little 8 pound cat
and two great big bassets sitting together waiting for me to rub their
heads.  Picasso also rolls over for belly rubs and likes to sleep next to me
on the other side from Ninja.  I think that since the cats have been here
they have done a lot of dog watching and are now acting more like them.

We are sending drool to all in need.  We make a lot of drool around here and
are certainly happy to donate it.  My walls have enough already.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby