[Dailydrool] Damaged ears

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 08:26:47 PDT 2011

<<She shaved a quarter size patch on the back edge of his ear to get a closer look and then said "nope, too tiny, no stich, he'll be fine" and went back to playing with Snoopy.>>

At one basset event, Jane got the edge of her ear nicked by a pupster and had a small slit in her ear. I took her to the vet in the next day or two and was told that because of its location it could not be successfully stitched up. When I seemed a bit upset, the vet humorously asked me if I thought the other dogs would pick on her because of her fashion faux paw.

The antibiotic may be a good idea, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. Hounds do these things, and the vet did the right thing too.

In case you are feeling foolish, Dale, I recently took Jane to the vet's because she peed on Bel's bed. Since Bel had a UTI recently, I feared she might have caught it. It cost me more than $120 to find out that she needed her anal glands expressed but was otherwise fine.

If I get out of the vet's without spending $200, I feel good. I just try not to do too many of those under-$200 events.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets