[Dailydrool] Droopy ATB

Sarah Webb sarahwebb2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 07:54:39 PDT 2011

well, he showed absolutely no improvement over 5 days and large doses of
prednisone.  Sunday night he was clearly uncomfortable, even with pain
meds.  I spent 5 days by his side, gave him all sorts of yummies, and Monday
afternoon i sent him to the bridge.  i was with him the whole way, right
until the moment he laid his big head on my lap and let out one last basset
sigh.

my house is quiet and my heart is broken.  i miss my velcro buddy.  his
handsome face is on this year's calendar, may 13th.  beautiful old man, he
was.

thanks to all who made suggestions and sent along drool and support.  this
list is the best, and even though i am bassetless for now, i'm not going
anywhere.

love,
sarah and mr. droopy 5/15/1998 - 8/1/2011