[Dailydrool] Millie's glaucoma - update

Karen Williams bazadaba at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 20:15:03 PDT 2011

I took Millie to Dr. Munger today and was ecstatic that her pressure was 11 in the right eye and 22 in the left.  That is where the good news ended.  Unfortunately while her pressure is down so she is not in pain, the swelling and redness remain.  Dr.
Munger is not optimistic that she will regain much if any sight in her
left eye.  Additionally even if we can control the pressure, it is
likely only temporary and eventually the drops will not be able to keep
it down and it will get high again.  We are going to keep her on the
drops for another couple weeks and then re-evaluate her.  He changed her prognosis from "guarded" to "guarded to poor".  I've digested this and
while I'm still somewhat hopeful, I realize that she will probably be
blind in her left eye and we will probably eventually have it removed.  I am so thankful for our foster Bessie who had to have her left eye
removed (due to lack of proper care from her previous owner) who has
taught me how life with only one eye is not really a big deal.  I am
working to fend off the glaucoma in Millie's good eye for as long as
possible.  I know Millie will be fine she is such a survivor.

Thanks for all your drool & prayers.

Karen and Millie, Elwood & Beatrix
Check out my foster Bessie at Homeward Bound Animal Rescue
Please don't breed or buy while in shelters they die