[Dailydrool] Pw Rolph is thrilled

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 09:16:34 PDT 2011

I am most humbly grateful and sensible of the huge honour
you have bestowed on me by recommending I should become a Pw.

When I was a whippersnapper, I had a very long title,
written on a piece of paper. It told anyone exactly which family I came from,
so there was never any doubt that I was a prince among dogs. However, times
changed and I ended up in rescue, where they would not allow my new mom to see
the paper (Probably because they had left my family jewels alone and didn’t
want me to be used as a stud – even though I’d have been pretty good at that).

On the way to my forever home, my new family chose a new
name for me. They wanted me to still have an impawtant title, so they named me Rolphimis
Fitzspaniel of Avondale – Rolph for every day.
After mom joined the Drool, but before my youthful high
spirits had abated, I gained another title – OEBE. Well, young chaps of quality
often get up to mischief; you ask anyone who lives near Eton where the two two-legged
princes of this country went to school.

And now, as a more mellow fellow, I have been offered a
pwince-ship. Oh my. I am so thrilled. I have been training my slave since I
arrived. She once said “no basset crap here” - now guess what? She once said “No
dogs on the furniture” – and guess what? She once said no dogs in the bedroom –
and guess what? She certainly said “no dogs on the bed. No, I mean it. Never” –
and guess what? Then there’s the treat tin, the dog beds all around the house,
the membership of our area basset club, the annual camping trips to major
basset events . . . Well, you get the picture. But most importantly, she has
become a contact for Basset Hound Welfare (the UK rescue) and works towards
helping more hounds like me. Of course, I shall not stop her training just
because she is getting the idea.

Now, as you mentioned, I am indeed British, but if you
should make me a knight, that would be a Knight of the Royal Garter – and in
honesty, I think a Knight of the Royal Bedsock might be more appropriate.

Either way, I am thrilled and grateful.

Respectfully yours
Pw  Rolphimis
Fitzspaniel of Avondale, OEBE – uhmm, can I be both? Do I have to give up my
earlier moniker?