[Dailydrool] Basset Names... such great ones!

Sue and Brian Stevens onslowbasset at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 6 17:51:58 PDT 2011

what a great topic! it's been fun to read all the names...

I do really love our hound's name.... Onslow. He is Speis O' Lif's
Bone Idle Onslow. There are lots of jokes in the name.... OnsLOW...
OnSLOW... and people chuckle at those. But he's actually named for
the sloppy, lazy brother-in-law in the British tv comedy "Keeping Up
Appearances." We think it would be fun to get girl bassets and name
them for other characters: Hyacinth, Rose, Daisy, Violet. Even
Richard, Hyacinth's husband and their son (whom you never see but
they talk to him on the phone), Sheridan.

My hubbie had two bassets growing up. The first was Hannibal.... and
he unfortunately died as a pup. The replacement hound was called
Tuffy.

I loved the hound that won best basset at Westminster several years -
BUMPER CARS!

Drool to all in need - Condolences to those who have lost a dear hound...

Best -

Sue & Brian
and Onslow (I may be LOW but I'm not SLOW - not really!)