[Dailydrool] collars

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:32:49 PDT 2011

I would never use a normal buckle or snap collar on a Basset. I always use a
martingale or a lead with a martingale built in. (Fabulous product!!) Cooper
is the only dog here with a buckle collar and there are times when he wears
his prong, even now, with only three legs and being a senior. He is big and
scary and I want total control.
But the Bassets have ALL backed out of regular collars. Nigel, built like a
rodeo bull, in particular. His neck is as big as my thigh and that ain't
small anymore. Conley, with his snakey ways, can crawl right out of a buckle
collar. I buy them, the real fancy smanchy ones, real leather with brass
nameplates etc., and they wear them when they travel, but they are never
connected to a leash.
I don't use choke chains anymore, I really love the martingales, even for
show.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper