[Dailydrool] Names and Seniors

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 18:14:10 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I always loved the name Mustang Sally, the pup whose life was far, far too short. She was a special girl with a special name. I also heard a Drooler a long time ago refer to Ooga Booga, which I thought interesting because it was also the name of a dance studio here in Hermitage, Tennessee. I adopted Myrtle from Alabama Basset Rescue a few years ago in part because of her name. Mary Myrtle was my grandmother. I had a friend at work whose dog was named Giblet, which I thought was cute.
A week ago I made Grandma Zoe from Bluegrass Basset Rescue a full fledged member of the Wilson Gang. She is about 15 years, lumpy, missing many teeth,moves slowly, and is the dearest thing. Tonight when I got home from being gone about an hour, she circled around with the others, wagging her tail so sweetly anmd happily. She joins three here that are 12 or so, and the baby Gigi, who is about 4. I love the seniors!
We are also babysitting a little mixed dog for a friend. The little goofball has discovered the cats tonight. Because the Maine Coon is almost the same size as the little dog, I prefer that she not chase him. Do not feel like going to the emergency vet tonight. That particular cat has put more than one in the vets office, usually with an eye injury.
Take care, all.
Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang