[Dailydrool] Snoopy Repawts

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 6 21:42:54 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here,

Well, I got momPerson to put me down for 10 minutes so I could get on the
computer.  Seriously.  She's been carrying me around like a baby since Thursday
night.  And she overreacted.  And so did most of the neighbors.  I had
everything under control ......  you see ....

my DadPerson took me for my walk instead of my momPerson.  momPerson took Cyrus
and I was jealous because whatever Cyrus has is what I want.  So, when I saw
momPerson and Cyrus and they went PAST me well ... I used my best trick on my
unsuspecting dadPerson.  OK hounds now write this down.  If you have a
martingale collar what you do is

1)  relax completely so the collar goes to it's biggest on your neck
2)  twist your head sideways to hold the collar out to it's fullest size
3)  rapidly pull straight back and at the last second untwist and you will be
FREE .....

And I took off after momPerson and Cyrus.  And I caught them too ... but they
didn't see me.  I'm a pretty sneaky basset when I want to be.  I hid behind
bushes and trees and I followed them for most of a mile until .... they crossed
a street.  Well momPerson has been playing in the street and what's good for
momPerson is good for Snoopy so I tried to follow but there was a car and it
swerved and scared me good and a bike crashed and people were yelling and
chasing me and I ran back and forth and back and forth and everything was
happening all at once and momPerson and Cyrus were long gone and I was scared
and running in circles and then I didn't want to run anymore so I went flat ....
and the guy with the bike came over and laid down on top of me and the lady came
over and she laid on me too and that's when dadPerson found me.

Nobody knew what to do because I was naked.  Then momPerson pulled up, got out
of the car and she just lifted me up and gave me a big hug and .... she's been
holding me since then.  Pretty tight.  She lets me down to go potty.  The
muscles in her arms are going to be as big as her running muscles if she keeps
this up ... I weight 72 pounds.  She says she doesn't care.  She quit crying
about it some time yesterday.

Any advise for repairing a frazzled momPerson?  I seem to have broken mine.

more later from Snoopy