[Dailydrool] More about collars

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:58:08 PDT 2011

I have only one dog who wears a collar all the time and that is Cooper. None
of mine wear collars at home or in the yard which worries me since it means
other than their chips they have no identification. In the car, traveling,
they wear nylon clip on collars with Boomerang tags giving our phone number
and the "If alone I'm lost" message along with the Vet's name and phone on
the back.
If they are outside the yard they wear martingales with their tags.
I always remove martingales in the crates, no dog wears a collar at home in
a crate, no dog ever wore a slip collar in a dog park (when I was going.)
It is worrisome. But. Never have had a collar accident, either. Six of one,
half dozen of another.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper.