[Dailydrool] Favorite Names & Buddy

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:02:21 PDT 2011

I have so many favorite basset names it would take forever to list them
all.  I love Morse, Noah-go-slowah, Bob the doG, Miss Angela, Nick (of
nickzillion fame), Clara, Fey Fey, Llewis, Kahuna, Colt, Ruger, Cowboy etc.
etc...  they are all amazing names, but I think I like the names because I
associate them with the personalities.  That's what really makes a name for
me I guess.

My first basset was named Aeryn (after the character Aeryn Sun from
Farscape).  My friend gave me a ton of grief that I named a 98lb senior
basset after the militaristic, tough-as-nails Aeryn Sun (played by the
svelte Claudia Black), but honestly the name fit her.  The only better thing
would to have been to add "DIVA" somewhere in there.

Copper came to us with his name and it fit so we kept it.

Elphaba came to us with the name "Princess" which while she is, the name
didn't really fit.  She was 10 months old and petrified of water of any
type, unless it was in a small bowl in the kitchen that was clearly for
drinking.  Elphaba was the perfect name (Named after the Wicked Witch of the
West from the book/musical "Wicked", who is "allergic" to water touching her
skin and eventually "melts" from having a bucket of it thrown on her.)

So as you can see, my naming is a bit eccentric, but I tend to like a dogs
name if it fits the personality of the dog.

Buddy was the perfect name for the poor little guy that Clara just met at
the bridge, because he will now be everyone's Buddy, up there and down here.

Drool to all in need!
Brenda- momslave to Copper and Elphaba.