[Dailydrool] Red Bay Kasa (Kassie) ATB

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Aug 8 15:15:47 PDT 2011

With a heavy heart, I sent Kassie to the Bridge this afternoon.  Over the
past week, Kassie has had bouts of nausea and vomiting.  I took her in to
the vet today to try to figure out the cause.  An xray showed a small stone
in the small intestine, so we did surgery to remove it.   It was then that
we discovered a soft ball size mass of tissue in the intestine.  Aspirates
of the mass and lymph nodes showed lymphosarcoma.  The mass was too large to
successfully remove and resect the intestine and without its removal, Kassie
could not eat or process food.   Kassie was Norm, Opie and Oujia's mother
and a sweet, loveable girl.  She will be sadly missed.

Sandi Wittenberg
Red Bay Bassets