[Dailydrool] Buddy, Passive Bassets and Gaining Attention

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 07:49:39 PDT 2011

First of all, the stories about Buddy were heartbreaking - thank you to Debbie
and Sandy, and the others involved in what would have been his rescue.

Julie mentioned about her Maggie having the sweetest, passive nature, and Morse
- although a huge scrounger - is also a passive boy. Last night in the cemetery
he literally passed right by the resident cat there, and at the last second
smelled the cat and they looked at each other. Morse wagged his tail gently and
then moved on, although kept looking behind (to make sure he wasn't being
followed!)  Last week he was in a friend's garden when she asked if Morse would
mind clearing her dog's dinner as Ziggy, her springer spaniel, didn't want it.
Morse had already eaten but I figured he could have a small breakfast the next
day so I said yes - it was some dog food with some cheese and prawns on top. I
had to smile as Ziggy was totally ignoring the bowl while Morse was having a
hernia tearing round the garden looking for it. He finally found the dinner, and
of course then Ziggy sprang into action, growling and angry, and obviously did
not wish to share it. Morse, for all his gluttony, as soon as he heard the
growling and snarling, stepped back a few steps with a timid and gently wagging
tail and let Ziggy eat (friend Caroline however was not impressed with Zig, and
made him share!)

Today my parents came to visit. Morse loves them and was clearly unimpressed
when we were all busy talking out in the garden.  It must've occurred to him
that the best way to get our attention was to do a huge turd. Actually, make
that two huge turds. Right next to the table we were sitting at. And make them
of a slighty moist consistency, the type that need several bags to clear up,
ensuring smell is pungent and also needing to be watered away with a hose
afterwards.
*sigh*