[Dailydrool] Hang on Tight

Kimi Adolph kimizmail at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 10:40:40 PDT 2011

Have you ever seen those movies or tv shows set in the old days where there aren't painkillers and people are given a stick to bite on when they are in pain? I think Edmond watched a western with his dad and has applied it accordingly.

You see when I get home after work Edmond goes a little crazy.. I wouldn't call it a dance persay, but there is a lot of butt wiggling, prancing, and flopping over to "bicycle pedal" (as I have dubbed it). It also used to involve his big houndie barks and occasional wrist chewing. Whenever he did this, the bell rubs would stop until he quieted back down.

During his anxiety solving days, we got him a big rawhide chew stick that he only gets when we leave. do you see where this is going? So now when I get home, he hears the keys, grabs the chew sticks and goes through  his momma is home routine, but with the chew stick in his mouth. He emits his little yelps and high pitched squeals (which are fine) but won't drop the rawhide. It looks like he is holding it there to keep himself from barking and to keep the bellyrubs coming. It works perfectly!

He is such a smart little pooch!!

Love and drool to everyone!

Kimi & Edmond Dawd

P.S. Over here in Portland, we would be glad to take any of the sunshine and heat you have to spare...