[Dailydrool] nail trims & scarring the repair man

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:41:11 PDT 2011

oh my goodness, I agree with Jan, I'd have probably smacked the groomer! Who
does that?! If you can't handle a simple snap, you should most definitely
NOT be in ANY job involving animals!!!

Speaking of people who are afraid of animals, we're running short of
maintenance people here at my complex. The complex is so sick of me that
only the maintenance managers deal with me, hehe. (Here they think I've
'gone Marlene' on them. I maintain I was merely exercising my right to be
loud because they were being idiots & not repairing things! Because, no one
has quit, run away screaming or been injured yet. I think I've been QUITE
well behaved under the circumstances, hehe!) Anyway, this last week, I
called to have my dishwasher fixed, for the 6th time! Thankfully, this
repair person (a new person, hehe, they apparently found one I haven't
terrorized yet!) actually DID get the thing fixed! However, he called me
before hand to inform me my dogs were 'going crazy & he couldn't enter'. I
was nice & didn't let him have it right then & there. Instead, I informed
him that my bassets were really not vicious, but smelled a stranger & were
telling him it was their apartment. He had the nerve to say that one was
definitely NOT a basset. I literally started laughing, as Emma is the deep
tenor, Joey is more of a low soprano! Needless to say he was rather shocked
when I opened the door & revealed 2 bassets! He honestly thought Emma was a
bull mastiff! Plus, the idiot had the NERVE to ask if I could lock them in
the bedroom if he had to come back the next morning to finish the repairs. I
politely explained that would happen over my dead body, unless he would
PERSONALLY pay for ALL damages they caused while being confined... Needless
to say, I don't think he'll be sent back any time soon! Thankfully, one of
the people they send to do repairs actually used to own a basset, and not
only doesn't mind my hounds, but actually chased them both up & down the
hall one day when the fire alarm went off while I was headed to work & they
ran out the door when he was trying to get in to fix it!

I still just don't understand how a complex that calls itself 'very pet
friendly' could possibly employ people, especially those who need to enter
apartments (like for maintenance), that are afraid of dogs!!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473