[Dailydrool] biting

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:57:02 PDT 2011

In due diligence to the topic, I need to chime in, and in no way I say this with disrespect to jr., but he nailed my hand a several days ago, and while I thought we had achieved wonderful progress, he still has issues.  I rescued him at nine months, and I cannot honestly know that his former life did that much damage to him or it is inherent to him, and we rescued Max at nine months as well, and he still has huge issues as well.  Max is 6, jr. is 2 and 1/2, and of course we have been training Max that much longer.   These are issues we learn to live with, harness and adjust to as well as we can.  There is no giving up in my house.  In Jr's defense, it has been hot, I have been distracted with the Jellybean issues and the Mom issues, and we have not been walking and bonding as much of late.  As I was leaving to go see Mom, he would have taken a large part of my large buttocks off, in a separation anxiety move had Nikki not stepped in front of him, and he was on leash and my sister was holding him (not to dis my sister, but to dis my sister, I give her the leash often and tell her don't let him bite me, but she lets the leash loose, and often he does.)  I have learned how to avoid his strikes, but it really concerns me that I cannot train this out of him.  When  my sister is not home, some days it is impossible to even leave the house w/o him because he rushes the door.  If I have to shop, this cannot be, because I won't leave him in a car.  He is only 2  1/2, and for the most part, he is a wonderful, lovely boy, unless he has control of a remote, a book, a pair of eye glasses, etc.  We have had basset crooks always, but this boy is hostile when he steals a prize.  This dog earned his CGC, and he deserves it, but something is pissing him off of late...  My sister is a flight attendant, and she is doing her recurrent training soon, and she told me that when I am not home she is practicing her scream commands when I am not  home.  I think her screaming in the house is agitating the dogs... Sigh,
Jax and the herd