[Dailydrool] Drooley stuff

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 08:25:52 PDT 2011

First of all, tons of drool and continued prayers to all in need. Those with
illnesses, going through chemo, and/or loss. None of it is easy, but
Droolers are the best folks in the world and I feel such a kinship with
everyone. It's a big sea of Basset love out there and we're all "soaking in
it" (as Madge used to say on the Palmolive commercials of old).

To Carmen-  It's totally understandable and I think so many of us have been
there. It's so heartbreaking to lose our beloved babies, and there are so
many emotions at play when we think about getting another one. After I lost
Pongo last year (almost a year ago now), my heart was shattered, and I still
cry when I think about him or talk about him, and I will miss him every day
until I'm gone myself. Last fall, I found a beautiful baby named Quincy and
brought him home. I truly believe that Pongo and my mother (who has also
passed) led this rotten little stinker into my life to shake it up and help
heal my heart. And while you think you might not be able to love another,
don't close off your heart because you will be amazed just what the power of
love will do. And remember that you would be providing a wonderful home to a
Basset in need. You just kind of save each other, I think. I'll bet your
babies at the bridge would smile and drool their happiness that the circle
of love will continue.

Now, I drive a little red truck and I have several bumper stickers on it
that express my love of Bassets. Well, I had done a food demo at one of our
local grocery stores the other day and when I went out to my truck after it
was over, there was a note left on my windshield. The handwriting looked
like an older mans and it said that from my bumper stickers he could see
that I loved Bassets, and that he had one he "needed to get rid of" and to
give him a call if interested. Well, first of all, it really ticks me off
when I hear people use words like "get rid of". Oh, so I'm guessing this
wasn't a beloved family pet, am I right? So instead of calling this man and
probably sticking my foot in my mouth, I got ahold of Chris at WMBRI Basset
Rescue and it just so happened that she'd had someone call her about wanting
a Basset, so she was able to hook these people up to, hopefully, find this
hound a great new home. Wow, my bumper stickers have gained attention before
but this was a first!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."