[Dailydrool] Petco Update

Jessica Rutan jessica at aubreydog.com
Wed Aug 17 10:15:07 PDT 2011

I want to thank so many of you in this group. Your kind words and
understanding brought so much comfort to my daughter and myself. My
daughter had a difficult time sleeping Sunday night and by 6:30, I had
her and the dogs in my room. It was a great comfort to just be
together. Family does that for each other, we show comfort and
compassion at times. Thank you again for all of this.
As for Petco, I do realize that one bad store or manager does not make
the entire company. I have a business and frankly things can go wrong,
but it is the responsibility of those on the frontline to respond and
to help. The store manager did nothing. I am disappointed beyond
belief on this. I have sent out five emails to Petco. I emailed Paul
Jolly, he did respond back, but with that he would pass the
information on to someone else. We have not heard anything else. My
three phone calls have also not been answered.
It is a lesson I suppose. My daughter came home and the dogs came
home. I am grateful for that. My daughter learned a few things, 1.
forgiving a dog is easier than forgiving the people who should have
help and should have known better. 2. She thinks that it is important
to deal with bad things and not ignore them. This is a good lesson for
anyone. 3. She found out how deeply she loves her animals. 4. We love
each other.
I am still attempting to find out the information on the Husky rescue
group so as to write a letter. Store manager is not helping.
I have a deep sense of disappointment with this company. I can say
that I will do everything in my power to make sure that my own company
is run differently. I had a staff meeting and it was explained that
this better never happen here or someone would be fired!
Sometimes our experiences can better us. We just have to let that
happen or find that path. I still would warn all of you to be careful
and very thoughtful of entering any store that has rescues and dogs in
front. It is a lesson that as volunteers in rescue we need to be aware
and to be on top of what we do. Ask my husband, I am all about rescues
and supporting them, but this rescue group needs a good talking too!
I can never say how much your words of kindness meant to my daughter.
She was so scared. Thank you to all of you for this compassion and love.

Jessica