[Dailydrool] Help and major drool

gusandto at comcast.net gusandto at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 16:20:42 PDT 2011

Hi Drool Family

Its me Big Al. You remember I have 3 legs. I when I came to live at rescue and they helped me so much in making me feel better. When Auntie Alexa's house caught on fire I went to be a forever foster with my new family. They loved me so much they help the rescue out and paid for my very expensive surgery . I love to help out the others that have found themselfs in rescue just like me.

Late Monday night a skinny sick boy arrived at Auntie Alexa's. His people said they were moving and couldn't take him with them. When asked why was he so skinny they said he hadn't been well for about 6 weeks and hadn't really eaten in 3 weeks. Again when asked when had he last ate, drank, peed or pooped they had no clue. I AROOOOOOO WHY!!!!! AND HOW!!! can you do this to my furend . Asked his name they said Odie then they left him. Auntie Alexa tried her food magic on this poor boy he wanted nothing. His eyes are so sad, he hurt you could see he wanted food and water but he just couldn't. Today Auntie Patty took him to a nice vet lady to see why he was so sick.They started with x-rays and found the source of the problem, a rock in his gut.

Odie is very sick he is 2yr and is skin and bones at 37lb. His surgery is 1500.00-1800.00.

So I'm asking you to open up your pawket book and help Basset Rescue of Puget Sound (Auntie Alexa) out with the big vet bill.

Auntie Patty has set up a chip in page, pictures will be up later tonight

http :// bassetrescueofpugetsound . chipin .com/odies- surgry

You can all so go to there web site and donate through paypal

www . adoptabasset .net

That's all for now

Al

Patty here. I got a call from the vet with an update on Odie. He came through the surgery well. The rock was in his intestine, the vet thinks it had worked its way down there over the last week or so. This was the good news because even though everything was inflamed she felt the intestine tissue looked ok and should recover. His liver count is up and his gallbladder is inflamed so his condition is guarded . The vet is hoping that with time as he heals they will resolve itself. For right now the plan is for me to pick him up later tonight take him to Alexa's and then take him back tomorrow for follow up.

Patty Crawford

Gus ATB http :// www . dogster .com/dogs/742885
Tallulah http :// www . dogster .com/dogs/742936
Wally ATB http :// www . dogster .com/dogs/1175866