[Dailydrool] Is This Normal

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 18:35:03 PDT 2011

Carmen, first I thank you for your post. Are your feelings normal?? I dont know, but I am here to say I have felt the same feelings, have the same fears, it is a roller coaster of emotions.  The hole in my heart since Elder Clara passed has not closed, some days the pain is so dog awful I wonder about myself. I read about folks that have got another hound and how it is helped so very much, and I think maybe that is what I need to do also, not a replacement as there could never be another Elder Clara, but maybe, just maybe a hound that needed me. One that would help me heal. Hubby and I decided that if we were going to do this that a puppy was they best addition as Jake can be a pawful. Well--here like it was meant to be, Belly Rubs Basset Rescue takes in 14 puppies-we decided 2 puppies would be a good fit--I looked at those pictures until I knew every wrinkle. Then I looked at older rescues, then pups from breeders. Hubby still had the BRBR puppies in his head, yea, the man is a dream, he said if this is what you want, do it. I will help.
I was in a true conflict with myself.
Then I passed on everything. I made the decision that the small gang here needed me, needed my time. They had been so patient as I spent so much time tending to Clara in those last months  and it just didnt feel right yet. I was not ready.
To this moment I have not a clue if I made the right decision. I do know that when the time is right I hopefully will know it, and Elder Clara will clap her great paws in agreement. The thing I do feel bad about by passing is that we have so much to give more hounds, hounds so much in need-and here I sit.
Like Colt and Ruger's Momma said--if you want the biscuit, you gotta risk it------
I will grab the biscuit again----time and hounds heal hearts. Carmen, maybe Hunter could be not only his basset self, but a healer---

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester