[Dailydrool] another Duke update

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 18 17:42:16 PDT 2011

Well,  Duke is doing pretty good tonight.  He is walking,  but not like he
had been.  His appetite is back, which I am thrilled with.

Yesterday,  we left him behind a baby gate with his bed and water,  wanting
him to get his rest.  Apparently he didn't want to be there, because  either
he busted out, or Duchess, busted him out.  Regardless, the gate was down,
he was out and everyone seemed happy.

So,  despite his need to get rest,  we decided he didn't need the stress he
was feeling with being confined.  He is actually getting a lot of rest, just
where he wants it now.

15 hounds here,  folks tend to think it is active all the time, but really
after you walk in,   about 10 minutes later,  they have all found their
spots and are napping,  or outside cruising the lawn.  So Duke will be fine,
on his terms, recovering from this infection in his spine.

Thank you everyone for keeping him in your prayers and thoughts..and the 4
leggers for drool for their brethren.   He is not totally out of the woods,
but I think we are heading in the right direction.

Bounders send their drool for those in need,  Duke adds his too,  cause he
feels better!

Arooos,

Wen and the Bounders