[Dailydrool] GREAT NEWS

Jessica Rutan jessica at aubreydog.com
Fri Aug 19 09:03:31 PDT 2011

Dear Fellow Droolers,

I want to thank all of you for your help and support. The husky
incident that my daughter and I went through last Sunday HAS been
resolved. I suppose that it would have been nicer if it had happened
sooner, but I have received two emails from higher ups in Petco, three
phone calls, and the store has contacted me as well. Each email and
phone call were from different people. Apologies have been sincere and
procedures and new policies are being put into place. They took us
seriously. Petco has truly reached out to my daughter and is writing a
letter of deep apology. Rescue events will be held differently due to
our input and discussions. Petco does not want this to happen again.
They want to support rescues and adoption of pets. I am giving them
further feedback on a few concerns I have, but this company came
through. I was not sure that they would, but they truly proved me
wrong in how much their were willing to make this right for my family.
I will still always be careful and unsure of entering any business
that is blocked by a pack of rescue dogs. It is not safe. Petco
understands that and so does the Husky rescue. They have been talked
to by Petco (upper management) and things will change with this rescue
and other rescues to make things safe for everyone!
This is a happy ending to a horrible story. I am surprised, but this
company will continue to have my support because of the concern and
desire to take the correct actions and make changes. I know that any
of us want this kind of response.
I am talking to the district manager about Basset Rescue and how they
can help. On a side note, the district manager found Aubreydog.com and
we talked about my dog treats. I am not ready to start them in Petco
at this moment, but we had a great talk! For now, I can offer my
support to all the rescues that want my help. I am sure that Petco
will be there as well, and someday Aubreydog.com will be in a Petco
near you.
Again thank you to all of you. The drool sent to my daughter meant the
world. She is better and is maybe thinking of becoming a pastry chef
(like mom) instead of running a pet store or working with animals, but
at 8 she has some time to think about it. She did announce that she
was no longer growing up to be a princess and have her brothers as
slaves. Things are looking up around here!

With sincere gratitude to all of you,

Jessica