[Dailydrool] Miss Poppy update

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:56:15 PDT 2011

We got more details on Miss Poppy's Lymphoma.  It has spread to her spleen
and they see it in her abdomen.  Her belly had to be shaved, but at her shed
rate, i'm sure it grows fast.  She's a little slower, but seems to be her
normal self.  She's still barking orders at the 2 young ones and is always
ensuring the safety of our block from her front porch perch.
According to the vet it's B cell.  I'm not quite sure what that means and
have begun reading things in my google search.  The recommended protocol
treatment would run 11 weeks and could cost about $3000.  I love this girl,
but everything I read seems to indicate that she'll get 6 to 11 months
longer life for the 11 weeks.  She's about 11 and pretty symptom free.  I
have to call the vet back and discuss options.  I'm just not sure what to
do.  I just can't believe she's actually sick.