[Dailydrool] Is this normal & Do our dogs become like us.

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri Aug 19 14:49:08 PDT 2011

I would say that what you are feeling is normal.  I think that most of us that have lost a pet have agonized over this same situation.  I know I have...everytime that one of my ATB made their journey.  I felt guilty for trying to replace an irreplaceable hound. I should morn longer, or I never want to feel the heartbreak of loosing another one.  Sooner or later another hound would show up, one way or another and worm their way into my heart to fill the hole left by the previous hound.  I still miss each and everyone of those ATB hounds.  I still shed tears at times when something is said, or done that makes me think of those that have crossed over the rainbow bridge.  And as much as it hurts to loose one, it doesn't hurt as much as the emptiness of a house without at least 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever your magic hound number is.

Here's an idea.  How about trying to get a local basset rescue to step in to take Hunter and you offer to foster him.  That way you can sort of take him for a test drive to see if he is right for you and your family or if you and your family are right for him.  If so you can adopt him, if not then foster him until his forever family comes along.

Colt and Ruger send their drool to all the sick or injured houndies or humans out there in DroolLand.
Happy Birthday Muldoon! Ruger said that you need to wipe all the squirrel porn off of your DadSlaves computer...That squirrel propoganda needs to be destroyed.

Val, I use to love to be out hanging with a small group of my friends.  Never liked large crowds much but did enjoy going to the occasional concerts, art/craft fairs and out dancing at small clubs/bars. However now as I age...won't say mature because that just is not the case... I have found that people seem to have lost their manners, common sense, common courtsey, and overall common descency and now I prefer the company of my hounds over the company of most people.  I do go on the occasional wine/Fresh Market buying trip with a few of my more mature friends or sitting around one of our houses with our dogs and drinking the earlier purchased wine.  As for the boyz, Colt and Ruger like to go on walks around the neighborhood to greet their adoring fans, but large crowds tend to stress them out. (Look like demon dogs with foaming mouths and blood red eyes)  They too seem to prefer to stay home and have a few of the Aunties over for wine, pets and belly rubbing.  LOL.

Love & Drool to all,
Michele Momma to the Bad Ass Basset Brothers
Colt "When are the Aunties coming over for wine?"
Ruger "And don't serve that cheap stuff for doG sake!...It gives me a headache"

PS: Momma here, no the hounds are not given wine but have on rare occasions managed to sneak a few lip sips from a glass.
Colt: "I prefer the sweet red wines"
Ruger "Just as long as its not the cheap stuff!"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...